Friday, October 19, 2007

Long road back...

Results are in. But it's not anything I wasn't already expecting...

I have a full tear in my ACL in my right knee. But you couldn't tell by just looking at me. lol. I feel fit as a fiddle, just can't play any sport that involves turning, twisting and the like. I'm kinda like Zoolander now...except I can't turn right either. I'm walking in a straight line~~~! :P

Anyway, so what's the next step you may ask?

According to the physio (yes, the same hot one. :P), I'll definitely need surgery to get my knee good enough to play again. I can opt not to have surgery but apparently it'll never heal on its own. Dang. It doesn't look like I have much of a choice do I? I guess the only thing that would REALLY stop me from getting surgery is the cost. As in whether I can afford it or not.

The other thing is, even with the surgery, my knee will never be 100% again. 80-90% at best. But like I said, strong enough to allow me to play sports again. Also apparently there will be a 12 month rehab process. Double dang. Is it really going to be worth it? It's not like I play sports professionally.

Either way, I'm meeting the Orthopaedic Surgeon on Tuesday week (30th). He'll be able to tell me more and discuss it in more detail before I make my decision. Either way, it's a long wait and road back, it seems...

As for now, I'm concentrating on strengthening the muscles around the knee. Especially my quad. It won't help with the healing, but it'll help with the support. It's the only thing I can do at the moment...

Just on an end note though, it's kinda ridiculous how long this process is taking. The lag is the worst. Good thing I don't have a life threatening illness. I'd probably be dead by now.

peace out,
Ip.

No comments: