Monday, October 01, 2007

Fade out?

Gosh, I'm lazy. I used to be pretty good with my blogging...at least i think. Facebook has taken most of my time whilst online i think. It's pure evil. But I can't get enough.

First thing is first I suppose.

My recent interview and application with NOVA Group (the teach in Japan company) was good. Interview went well and I was given a preliminary offer. By in large that meant I was accepted, all I had to do was hand in the paper work and it was confirmed for early 2008.

If only it was that easy...

Only two days before the paperwork was due. As I sat on the tram, actually contemplating what my life back in my homeland would be like, getting excited about the prospect and having already talked to a few friends about getting them to come visit me, I received a phone call.

In short, NOVA Group is in financial strife and cannot guarantee me a position at the moment. They told me to wait a few weeks whilst a few things get sorted and they hear more about it. It'll be two weeks tomorrow since being suspend in time. That's what it felt like anyway. It was like yay! ...aww.

---
Getting back on a basketball court was something I was looking forward to and something that was meant to be a happy return. It was three months since last playing and spraining my knee. I had been stepping up my cardio training in particular to strengthening my knee and I jog without a problem.

The movements in basketball are so not like jogging. lol.

I nervously got back on the court warming up and stretching out to minimise impact and maximise mobility. Jump shot. Way short. But that's how I always start anyway. Once I got back into the rhythm, jumping up and down and chasing down the ball was not a problem. I was happy. I was back!

Some randoms came over to challenge us in a little three-on-three. I could barely hide my excitement...and that's as far as it went. Moving in straight lines is easy. I couldn't slide to the side, change direction or put absolute power in my knee without pain.

It was frustrating because the pain didn't last. It was in those short sharp pains when I needed to move. I gave up. Being the fittest I've been in ages, yet I can't make a sudden turn. :(

I need to rehab my knee. Schedule in an appointment with physio next door. I can't wait for my knee to be fully right again. Kick some ass on the court.

much love,
Ip.

No comments: