Friday, October 05, 2007

all gone?


Hmmm. So much for the "walk it off" attitude that most us, males, have. :P

Visited the physio on Wednesday, to check out my troublesome knee. Turns out it could potentially be a lot worse than I had expected. Afterall, I can walk, jog, jump, step and hop like I could before. All I can't do is play high impact sports. lol.

After testing out my knee until I cried out in pain, the physio (who was hot, might I add) concluded that I may have a torn ACL. That's the Anterior Cruicate Ligament to those playing at home. At least she told me I showed positive signs of it. What ever that means...

So the next step is to get an MRI scan done to confirm this. It's all speculative at the moment but I'm bracing for the worst. And the worst case scenerio is that I need to have knee surgery to repair it, especially if I want to be playing basketball again anytime soon. Bummer. :S Of course, I could choose NOT to have surgery but the rehab and healing process will keep me off the courts for longer, I would suspect.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. First thing is first. The MRI.

I was given a list of places I can go to get it done. The closest was Albert Park (the next suburb over). I was like "sweet". I call them up. "Yes, I'd like to get a MRI done on my knee." "Sorry, we don't have a MRI machine here. Only the Malvern branch has it" Bullshit. I thought to myself. I call up the Melbourne branch. They tell me the same thing. Dang. What's worse, the earliest date is NEXT Thursday at 9.30am. This is so shit...

So now I wait, with uncertainty on my mind. But with a hint of... excitement? hmmm, that's not the right word. I MIGHT be getting knee surgery man! It's like I'm a big name sports star. lol. Yay-yeah! :P

much love,

Ip.

4 comments:

honey&roses said...

Oh no..
take care of yourself eh.. surgery sounds cool, but it's not always comfy.
fingers crossed and keeping u in my thoughts!

YaYa said...

ouch.

looks like it really hurts.

GOOD LUCK IPPEI. and be strong. erk.

aaron said...

ouch mate!

then again, you would look awesome with a squire's walking stick ;)

Pete said...

ah thats a bitch; good luck with it man..

so, seeing as this was posted awhile ago now, how did you go?