Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Words of wisdom at 2 am...

What's crackin' y'all? It's 5 mins to 2 in the AM and I am still up, yet again. Although my eye lids are finally getting heavy.

I promised to bring you tales from my travel in Japan and it has literally been two month since I got back. My old age, combined with my increasing senile-ness is making me forget them. I'll start posting about them, whether I get the photos from my sis or not, very soon...

Whilst I was there though, I heard some very good quotes/philosophies that particularly stuck with me and wrote them down at the back of my diary and I recently found them whilst attaching my Country Road voucher to my diary. I thought I'll share some of them with you guys.

The basis for these were that they were quotes/sayings from a grandmother of a very poor peasant boy during the war-era in Japan. With both parents dead, he was leaving with his grandmother. They didn't have much money, but definitely ALOT of heart.
  1. "Even if there are 2, 3 people that hate you, just turn around and there are a million people."
  2. "Don't money this, money that! Even if you have a million dollars, you can't make a fish."
  3. "Kindness, is when the person receiving it doesn't even realise it."
  4. "Smart people, dumb people. Rich people, poor people. After 50 years, they all turn 50."
  5. "Have a dream until you die. If it doesn't come true, it's just a dream."
  6. "If you have the courage to die. I want you to live."

You have to read deeper into the meanings of them but something about them stuck with me. There were about 12-15 of these.

There's one other quote I like, I don't know where I heard it or got it from. I had it as my MSN nickname for a while, and I really find it to be very accurate. I'll leave you guys on that note.

much love, I.

"Loving what you find is easy. Finding what you love is infinitely harder."

7 comments:

aaron said...

me thinks finding what you love is close to impossible cuz well.. most of us wander through life not being certain of what we truly love.. 'finding love' will really be finding something you never knew you were looking for.. buena suerte!

Heids said...

yarrrrghhh.

haha. Aaron.. I'm sure you'll find something "you never knew you were looking for", and you'll realise you've found it 5 or 10 or 20 years after finding it! ;)

Westy said...

hi Ippei, just dropping by to say I just stumbled onto your blog. Good to hear things are on track,

cheers
W

ippei said...

Hahaha. AA. The reason I like the quote, is the idea. You can learn to love what you have. Which is easy. But it's like settling. Your search for something you love is difficult because it is never over. Be it for love of a person, love for a passion, whatever. That's my opinion anyway. :P

Heidi, I also agree with you. You won't realise you've found it, until you reflect on it.

Westy! Nice to hear from you. And thanks for dropping by. Hopefully we'll get the opportunity to catch up soon.

YaYa said...

i love the quotes

put moreeeeeeeee

LX said...

the quotes are cool. i dont get the 1st one but i like the one about the fish. it is damn hard to make a fish :-S

ippei said...

T, I'm all out! :( I wasn't paying attention to the other ones, coz they didn't really mean anything to me...

Alex, the first one is simply stating that, so what if a few people might hate you. There are millions of people in the world. What's 2 or 3?