Sunday, December 24, 2006

Time ticks away...

THE most precious commodity we have is 'time'...I've never felt that to be the truth ever more so than now. As my 'year of change' approaches, it seems like it's approaching so fast, so quickly. What seemed like ages away, is only a mere three weeks or so. It's crazy how time flies. Each day passes, some productive, some lazy as ever, but no doubt ticking away. So many things to do, so little time. Such a big change to be experienced so little time to prepare.

My dad flies out of Australia on Christmas Day for a week trip to Japan. In that time, I need to clean out my room, my house and also at the same time tie up all loose ends and pack my own bags for Japan. As though, I'm only headed to Japan for a month (16 Jan to 16 Feb), once I return, nothing will be the same. I would first and fore most return alone. My mum and sis are staying in Japan, at least for a year, perhaps longer, perhaps shorter. I will also be returning to the small confines of 'the upstairs' of my dad's restaurant.

It might not seem like much, but for a person who pretty much relies on order and the consistency in things, this is a big change. And hence, I need to change. Become more independent and rely on myself a lot more...It sounds so strange just having to say that to myself.

Speaking of change, as the massive cleaning begins so photos from the past have popped up. Below is a picture from my last trip to Japan in 2002...

I'm with my cousins, Ikue (the chick), who's two years older than me and already married (2005) and Keita (the dude), who's a year younger, though he thinks we're the same age. We were at a dinner party for our grandfathers 77th birthday. It's a big deal in Japan.

To end this post, time does indeed fly...below is a photo of yours truly and a friend, I think in about 1992...


More archival photos on my flickr...

I.

No comments: