Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Like waiting for that inevitable slap in the face...

Haven't done a general update in a while, so here it is...

exams...
Done and dusted. Only had two. The first was for Ethical Issues in Accountancy, for which I didn't do an assignment that was worth 25%, so I had to pretty much get the 65%, which was what the exam was worth. It was surprisingly 'do-able'. What that means at the moment, I have no idea. The second was for Business Logistics. I got done in an hour and a half, of a three hour exam. That could either be a good thing or a bad thing. But I felt good coming out.

Just been told that, I won't find out my results until early December...Which totally sucks, because the application for the MC (that's AIESEC talk for people wondering), is also due around that time, meaning, I won't get to apply either way, because I won't find out my result. And regardless of what people say, I'm not going on the MC, if I fail anything.

Speaking of which, RMIT is a little bit loopy. They expect us to pay for and pick up attire for our graduation BEFORE we even find out if we have graduated or not...It seems stupid to me, and it would be extremely depressing if I go through all that and don't end up graduating...=S

So as the title suggest, I'm just waiting, twiddling my thumbs, waiting for the inevitable. I'm confident of passing 3 out of 4. It's the last one that will get me...

reading...
At age 22, I have finally discovered the joys of reading books. Sure I'd read stuff previously like, the Goosebumps series, the Harry Potter series, and various autobiographies of wrestlers and basketball players, but not a novel per se. I suppose the Da Vinci Code would count, but that wasn't exactly well written (and I refuse to read Angels and Demons). Recently, under my pile of EMPIRE, GQ and *cough, cough* other magazines, I found my Bourne trilogy book that I had started and neglected. I jump straight back into the Bourne Identity and let me tell you it's soooooooo good. Completely different from the movie (which is okay, in its own right), it so exciting I couldn't put it down once I started, but my tram rides to uni and to work are so short that I barely get a few pages in. I'm an extremely slow reader...

Having finished Identity, I'm now well embedded into Supremacy, and it's getting good. Ah, the joys of reading...I find thee with maturity...

fitness...
This is quite embarrassing actually. Now I wouldn't say that I am 'fat', at least not in the obese sense, though I am definitely overweight. I've recently just started swimming again, and just the other day, went into the gym for a fitness test. Now, regardless of what the numbers actually mean, my fitness level at the start of the year was 45. In the 'good' range apparently. At present, I am at a measly 19. In the 'not even on the chart' range. =S It is so not good. And the scary thing is that I don't really feel it, though I'm sure people can see it. So it's a rededication to my fitness...Starting tomorrow...See how long THAT lasts...

the world...
I totally dislike the world that we live in. So many evils exist in the world, it's just not right. And the worst part is, it's right in front of us, yet we care more about what's going on across the seas. I don't understand that, if we can't even fix things at home, what makes us think we can else where? It's the 'charity starts at home' idealism I suppose.

This is few weeks old but the case about the Werribee students filming themselves raping and abusing a girl, and then distributing the video, just made me sick to my stomach. It's not only wrong, it's horrific not to mention extremely stupid. Then almost to follow that immediately, we had a Muslim (I think) Sheik, state that women who dress 'un-modestly' and 'appeal' to men are to blame for getting raped, the guy even went as far as to use an analogy of cats to raw meat, to describe these women. I just though that was heinous as well...=S

stupidity...
To end on a lighter note, some stupid things that customers always say...

Walks into the restaurant and asks, 'Are you open?' My answer is always, 'of course'. But sometimes I'm just tempted to say 'no'. And see what their reactions would be.

Oh, and why do people not read the menu before ordering? It would save a heck of a lot of time...

photos...
I recently borrowed my sisters camera and got some photos of AIESEC RMIT's R & R. Check it out through my flickr account...

signing off...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goosebumps rock.. My favourite was the camp one (or were there many versions of this..?).. The tv series sucked.

Good luck with your exam result... anxiously waiting for something also sucks.

=)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, some people are just brainless despite they are given one! And reading is always an enjoyable thing if you get a good book. But Angels and Demons is not that bad lah (with a strong Asian accent)!! I was going to get Bourne trilogy but when I saw how BIG there are, I told myself...the trilogy can wait!! Haha!!

Unknown said...

Ippei, that post was hilarious! I don't know why but I seem to stumble into your old posts from googling something AIESEC related and Sheryl's name. So here's another late comment to a so yesterday post.

The stupid stuff is SOOOOOO truth (and you've articulated it quite comically) about customers at restaurants and hailing down a waiter before they've even read the menu or thought out what they might order. I'm glad I'm out of that industry now (it's been two weeks since I quit working at the Hyatt).