Saturday, November 04, 2006

Jigga...Hova...Jay...Shawn...whatever...THE BEST

It's been a week...so it was about time I posted about this...lol.

First and foremost, thanks to Yi for taking the picture (and all her other photo's from that night, check 'em out on her blog, to your left), you should have been in the photo with us looking and feeling as ridiculous as we did. =P Hold 'em diamonds in the air!

It was my fourth rap/RnB concert I'd been to, second for the year. The overall show itself was okay, but man, Jay-Z...you have to experience that man live...he knows how to entertain, regardless of whatever you may hear about him. (I heard he refused to take his shades of in the 'dark' backstage area, so he had one of his lackys flash a torch on the buffet, so he could see what he was eatin'. lol)

Tyree (New Zealand rapper) was meh, Ne-Yo was alright (good enough performer and singer, just not much of a fan) and Rihanna was well ... (she looked good on stage, she had two dancers with her that made her look better. She wasn't really singing the first few songs. It wasn't all that good, but I think she made up a little ground with 'SOS').

But Jay-Z was 'off the hook', as they say. Accompanied by Memphis Bleek (who my friend Toby, claims 'looked at me (Toby), winked and walked away'... yeah, whatever man *rolls eyes*), the man's performance was almost worth the massive waiting time. Oh boy, was it massive. =S There were no suprise performances from Jay's girl Beyonce, though she did make an 'on-stage' appearance.

I rate Kanye's show earlier in the year higher, but seeing the man himself, and having a few great friends along for the ride, made it an awesome night.

"...so for one last time, I need y'all to roar!"

No comments: