Thursday, February 28, 2008

27...30...3...?

I'm back! ...not that I was gone for all that long, but still!

I was going to blog during my trip, but the combination of eating, meeting up with people, and cold-ness...well, you know the same old story. A week was hardly enough, so I really had no time blogging whilst I was there!

Anyways, the first thing that hit was the change in temperature. It was expected but, it was much more drastic than I had imagined. As the title suggests:

27 degrees. The temperature in Melbourne when I left. It had been rather cold-ish (at least for Melbourne at this time of year) the past few days, so mother nature of Melbourne was giving me a nice warm send off, with the return of the uncompromising sun glare.

30 degrees. It was slightly hotter when I landed in Singapore. The bad thing is that it stayed that temperature (or there abouts) for most of the night and following day. It was that kind of mucky, humid weather. You just start sweating, standing there.

3 degrees?! Bloody hell! As soon as I landed, on went a sweater, a big wintry jacket, beanie and scarf. It was literally like that scene from "Cool Runnings". It was just cold, the wind chill was nasty! It cut through your clothes and to your bones!

So there I was traveling from a place where:
if you wore thongs, you'd get sunburned (and I have my foot to prove that!) to a place where,
if you wore thongs, you'd sweat like you've been working out to a place where,
if you wore thongs, you'd get frostbite and your toes would fall off!

Really made me appreciate how BIG, our small world really is...

peace,
Ippei.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)

Anonymous said...

You have tested it and writing form your personal experience or you find some information online?