Sunday, August 05, 2007

options open...excitment fills the air...

ワクワクしてきたぜ...

It's the moment you start to realise there actually might be a light at the end of the tunnel, you feel...good. It's more than that. It's sense of joy. It's a cocktail of emotions (as a friend would put it). Excitement, anxiousness, etc, etc....God, I can talk shit when I want to. hahaha.

Reason for this post is that things have become clearer in my mind. The way I see it, I have three options from here on out.
  1. Teach conversational English in Japan - this idea died after I was discouraged to go by my mum (the company I was going to go through were in the news in Japan apparently). But by chance (actually, I was dragged to an AIESEC stall) I went to the 'Work abroad' expo at RMIT and talked to the recruiters and it re-ignited my desire. And talking to people who've already done it has further emphased this.
  2. AIESEC exchange - call me a hypocrite. I don't care. After promoting it and helping people actually do it, I figure I should experience this myself. More so than that, I want an international experience through AIESEC. No better way than through exchange.
  3. Work in Australia - I haven't applied for anything so in actuality this is probably the least likely of the three. But a friend says she might be able to hook me up with a job next year. If that happens, I'll be into full time work here. Not a bad prospect in itself.

I guess I could do all three. It's just a matter of what order and what comes up first. It's good to have options. And all viable options too. I best not count my chickens before they hatch however, I still need to apply and pass the procedures for all three of those things. lol.

----

As an end note.

The count down has began for my year of the Jordan (ie. my 23rd). God damn, that was fast. It's so true that time goes by quicker as you get older. There are so many thing I want to achieve and time keeps ticking away for me to achieve them. Ah well. It'll happen eventually, I'm sure.

As for the massive birthday celebration i've been promising everyone...it's not going to happen this year. Still can't afford it. When I can though, I'll invite everyone to a "Ippei's Better Late Than Never Birthday Bash!"...I suggest you don't hold you breathe though...

----

much love,

I.

6 comments:

LX said...

@ Exchange! @ Exchange! Come to Bahrain! We just raised a nice one with DHL... :D

aaron said...

Like alex said, Exchange !!!

EXCHHAAAAAANNNNNGGGEEEE !!

aaron said...

EXCHHHHAAAAANNNNGGGGGEEEE !!

aaron said...

EEEEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEE!!

ippei said...

hahaah. Thanks for your enthusiasm guys. So that's exchange is it? lol.

It's all good. I definitely want to do it, so I'll take it as it comes. Would love to go to Bahrain as well. Speak to you guys soon.

Unknown said...

My comments/recommndations in order of preference from the list of options in your post:

1. AIESEC Exchange
2. AIESEC Exchange
3. AIESEC Exchange